Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!



When my birthday rolls around each year, I tend to get a bit sentimental. I look back at the events of the last year and what my ups and downs were. This year was by far the hugest roller coaster of all. As everyone knows I'm a stay at home Mom, Blogger, Author, Poet, Singer and so many other things. My husband does a lot of traveling for work and we're okay with that it's something that has become old hat for us. He loves what he's doing and that's all that matters :) 
This year has seen the loss of my Godfather, who was truly a special and bright point in my life. He and I shared a birthday so this day of all days is bittersweet for me. I miss him, very much. I also lost my Aunt this year, very suddenly and without warning, and just recently a man that I loved very much and was someone who was like a Grandfather to my kids.
Death, like life is a process. There's stages of grief and they are supposed to go in order but they truly don't. I am at a stage of acceptance for all death knowing that there is life beyond death and that we will all meet again. But it's still sad, and my heart hurts sometimes. 
This year has also had highs for me, finishing the first draft of my book, editing 3 books, working with some pretty awesome authors like Christy Sloat, S Cu'Anam Policar, Jamie Gibson, and of course the amazing Raebeth Buda. I'm looking forward to the release of my book Broken Earth and I hope that all of you are looking forward to it as well. I also have some other projects in my pocket that are being worked on and there's some collaborations going on which are going to be SO COOL! So stay tuned. 
Today I turn 38, but age is just a number and you should never count your age in years you should just count the amazing blessings in your life.

7 comments: